My daughter is going through a financial...

Asked by Nickyd on 31-08-2018 15:35:16
Question posted in the Divorce Law category relating to Western Cape
Question value: R 100.00

My daughter is going through a financially and emotionally devastating divorce where her soon to be ex husband is bleeding her dry.  They are married with an ANC.  She fell pregnant by her now fiance whilst she and her husband were separated almost 3 years ago.  He has a restraining order against her at the house they both bought.  She only got a few articles of furniture.  He is suing her for a ridiculous amount of maintenance every month, demands 50% of all expenses for their 2 sons (he has primary custody of their kids) and she simply cannot keep up with his demands and has subsequently fallen behind on the maintenance as she has a daughter to care for as well.  What can my child do to stop this evil attack on her finances and threatening to attach her vehicle now as well.  She has been bled dry financially and has no more money left to pay a good lawyer to help her through this nightmare

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.