Good Afternoon Hope you are well. My nam...

Asked by GLENDA BAATJIES on 11-09-2018 13:11:40
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Western Cape
Question value: R 0.00

Good Afternoon

 Hope you are well.

 My name is Glenda Baatjies and we had a house in Mitchells Plain – We paid our house 2007.

 We were trying to get 2nd bond through a Company called Mattfin and they struggle to find a 100% bond with our history.

 They started “cleaning” us from debts since last year Feb’14 – Then we paid for over 2 years R3687 per month. They called it a bond payment.

 I skip 2 payments and I made a loan to get my daughter through her final stage at College.

 Mattfin send someone to my house to Auction the house and I reverse the bond payment every month. For 2 years we hear nothing until this year February we received summons we must pay R265 000.00 and then 2weeks later we received another summons for R385 000.00. This is all calculated on interest. Our original debt with them was R130 000.00.

July 2018 we sold our house to pay Mattfin and we received almost nothing for ourselves..

 Can you check if you guys can help us…. Please

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.