I need to understand on what grounds can...

Asked by AronS on 24-10-2018 10:16:04
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 0.00

I need to understand on what grounds can the lessor sue me ? We had a lease agreement in place but had to move to a new place , now we understand that there was a contract in place but we gave the lessor 2 months notice and he then said we must either get someone to take over the lease agreement or we must pay the outstanding rent to him till March 2019 when lease would have ended. We then immediately got a new tenant for him and he agreed to that. We moved out to the new place and now i hear from the new tenant that he is looking to sue us , for what i dont know so i need to understand what can he sue us on ? I mean we did everything he asked?

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.