I had a work injury on June 2018.A cow r...

Asked by jacques van hansen on 10-05-2019 11:40:55
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Western Cape
Question value: R 0.00

I had a work injury on June 2018.A cow ran me into steel railing, and i injured my ribs, my head and shoulders.  My employer did not take me to seek medical attention. They also did not file a first medical report. After months of struggling they paid me three months salary of 75%. I have to pay my own medical bills, and had to sell so many of my personal items to survive. I got someone last year to help me with the ccma and Wca claim. He brought me under the intention that everything was in order and that he will make sure i get my salary. Then after months i heard my employer bribed him to leave everythig. I am still strugling with TBI and my upper body is giving me problems. I am still not able to work. Can i open a case against my employer for basically abandoning me, and all the personal stuff i needed to sell to put food on the table

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.