Afternoon, I logged a complaint at the N...

Asked by Johann on 03-02-2021 15:31:55
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Eastern Cape

Afternoon, I logged a complaint at the NCR after non referal the complaint was taken to the Consumer Tribunal. Case was still pending.

The bank was aware of this. I received a high court summons to return a motor vehicle we informed the lawyer that there are a Tribunal case pending. Agreement was reached to return vehicle and bank will withdraw case. I did not want to sign the acknowlegment of debt and tgen the bank did not want to take the vehicle. I went and dropped it on the agreed date and bank signed receipt of it. The bank cotinued with the case and got awarded judgement by default. The order was to return the vehicle although it was in their posession. The lawyer said in the court papers that I still had the vehicle, there were ni other case regading this pending etc. the bank knew and should have informed the lawyer.

What can I do? The order was for simething that was allready done 

Information Requested by Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 04-02-2021 15:54:11

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

You can apply to have the judgment rescinded. But if the order was just to return the car, who cares about the judgment?

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.