I need assistance on a situation that ha...

Asked by Monique on 22-02-2021 12:13:47
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng

I need assistance on a situation that happend this weekend. 

Our neighbors dog came out. And injured his sheep. My husband and I went to help and we took the sheep to us to dress the wounds and try and try and help them. Because the owners of the sheep are friends and they were not here and we could not get ahold of them.

After some time they arrived at their property hearimg about the situation. The man that was under the influence of alcohol came into his property and shot 3 of his 7 dogs on side. Just the one dog came out to bite the sheep and the other one was n puppy and the 3rd ones was closed in a cage. A case of animal abuse has been opened. During the whole situation after 4 shots were fires to kill the dogs this guy went on a rampage with a bottle of alcohol in his hand and a gun in the other causing terror on our street. Saying he is going to take his own life and driving up and down. With his firearm. Meters away from kids. I Wan tto know how can I press charges against him. The police did nothing they saw he was drunk all they did was take his weapon and advised he will be getting it back on Monday today. This guy has a history of violence and alcohol abuse. We are all scared about what can happen next.

Please help. 

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.