Hi . My name is Tshoanelo .And I want to...

Asked by Tshoanelo on 04-08-2021 20:17:27
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Gauteng

Hi . My name is Tshoanelo .

And I want to know what am I supposed to do when my father is failing to pay child maintenance? 

And when we try to talk to him ... he tells us that he will always win the cases because he his a lawyer himself  .

At this point I'm confused and this lawyer works at your firm. 

Thank you 

Information Requested by Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 05-08-2021 22:54:49

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment, even if it is R150 or R200.

He can't work at our firm, because we are not a law firm. What you need to do is to go to the maintenance court and apply for child maintenance from your father. Just because he is a lawyer, does NOT mean that he will win.

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required deposit, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make deposits for their questions - they get serviced first!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.