Good morningMy brother was beaten by the...

Asked by Nontobeko on 05-08-2021 09:55:13
Question posted in the Criminal Law category relating to Gauteng

Good morning

My brother was beaten by the arresting officer in the presence of my mother and the arresting officer wrote that my brother was violent towards him or refusing arrest which is a lie because I was there and they woke my brother up early in the morning and he willingly went with them, the prosecutor was friends with the complaintant who framed and lied about my brother accusing him of stealing his cell phone at gun point and till today the alleged weapon has not be retrieved because it was never there. Now my brother is being denied any appeals he makes against his 36years sentence and his parole are also being denied, the complaintant was my brother's friend, how can I assist my brother with this case? 

Information Requested by Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 09-08-2021 13:05:12

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment, even if it is R150 or R200.

Was your brother found guilty in a court of law? Was he represented by legal aid or a private lawyer? Did he appeal the finding at the high court?

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required deposit, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make deposits for their questions - they get serviced first!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.