I am looking for assitance with a tenant...

Asked by RR142 on 22-03-2023 15:48:11
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Gauteng

I am looking for assitance with a tenant that I had on my property until March 2021. He has signed an agreement of debt and agreed to pay R3000 a month but has not paid back anything so far. The amount outstanding is R99 540.23. I have asked two attorneys previously to follow up on this but they have been really slow in their resonse so I am hoping that you will be able to assist. I have the signed AOD as well as whatsapp messages and emails that I sent to him along with the promises he kept making to pay back the rent.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.