Good evening, my name is Rhulani from Te...

Asked by Rhulani Simango on 25-05-2022 19:20:41
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Gauteng

Good evening, my name is Rhulani from Tembisa. there is woman owing me money and she doesn't want to give me my money back. I tried to get lawyers involved to get this resolved but there is no progress. 

The woman is working for the department of housing and she was selling her Rdp house. She convinced me that the property does not have a title deed and we don't have to involve lawyers due to they will charge transfer cost and she will do all the paperwork. The property was R350,000.00 and we agreed that I can pay R250,000.00 and she will move and I can pay the rest of the money at the later stage. I applied for a loan and the granted me with R250,000.00. After paying her R250,000.00 she then changed and said to me that she need full amount for her to move out. I could not raise the balance of R100,000.00, therefore we agreed that I can advertise the house for me to get my money back. I tried advertising and I find out that the property is not registered under her name and she doesn't want to corporate and get the owner of the so that we can change the ownership. When I request her to pay my money she says she doesn't have money. 

In December I got a lawyer to assist me to resolve this issue but there is no progress. My lawyer is telling me that the clerk at Palmridge Magistrate Court cannot find my file. 

I desperately need legal advice on this matter. Your assistance will be highly appreciated. 

Thank you

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.